Skip to main content

Another little miniature project

I still find myself fascinated with miniatures and in particular, miniature needlework and needlework accessories.  I am seeing possibilities everywhere I look.  This little project is a set of three miniature pincushions.  They aren`t quite done yet but I couldn`t wait to share them.  That is a penny in the foreground to give you some perspective.  Once these are finished they will go up in the new Etsy shop coming soon! 

Comments

Annie said…
Those are so adorable and unusual! Should be a big hit in your shop. Look forward to seeing the grand opening!
OMGosh, these are cute. Can't wait to see what else is in the works.
Mosaic Magpie said…
I can't wait to see the little pins that go into them. What is so great about minitures you can collect quite a bit in a small cabinet or on a shelf.
Debbie
Mosaic Magpie said…
I can't wait to see the little pins that go into them. What is so great about minitures you can collect quite a bit in a small cabinet or on a shelf.
Debbie
Gerry Krueger said…
About 40 years ago I built a very large Victorian dollhouse from scratch... It was 3 stories tall and about 5 ft long and endless rooms... After it was finished I then did some partial room settings.. Once we moved here and I started the nursery it was all moved to "the infamous barn". Someone made an offer I couldn't refuse and I sold it...but recently ran across a box of tiny mouldings, papers, furniture parts etc. Would this be something you could use in this new endeavor..?
Are you a real person yet or just prerecorded and on the road... Gerry K.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...