Skip to main content

Whazzit Contest - Day 5


...yak yak yak, stitch stitch stitch, yak yak yak...

Interrupting the CQI Annual Retreat to bring you the 5th day of my Whazzit Contest!  Now you can see pretty well all of this device.  So, to win a lovely baggie of goodies, leave a comment on this post telling me what your best guess is for what this is.  One comment per day per person please!  I`ll go through the posts and moderate them when I get back home from Colorado and determine the winner.  Good luck!  Now, back to the retreat...

...stitch, stitch, stitch, yak yak yak, stitch, stitch, stitch....

Comments

Gerry Krueger said…
has to be some kind of knitting machine.... certainly not a toenail trimmer.. Gerry..
Ruby said…
I had no idea from the first photo. I've never seen one but think it is a knitting machine probably for socks because of the round shape. :) What a teaser!
Sandi said…
knitting machine
Sandi said…
knitting machine
Suztats said…
Well, perhaps it's an embroidery machine? I'm guessing. Am I out in left field?
It is a manual weaving or cord making machine???? Looks scary!
Smiles,Pat
Jules said…
That sure looks like some kind of crochet or knitting machine!
well, I don't have the slightest clue. I hope you hurry home so I can find out what the heck it is!!
Momma Bear said…
since there are no other takers I'll try a guess, a knitting machine?
Arlene White said…
G'day Kerry, I think it's a machine that makes braids or cords.

Arlene
Anonymous said…
It looks like a knitting machine of some kind or a skien winder. Linda It's been fun looking and trying to guess.
Rachel said…
A sock knitting machine!
Marilyn said…
Hmmm. Definitely strange looking thing. It looks like it might be some kind of knitting machine. Hope you guys are having lots of fun.
Heikesquilt said…
I guess it looks like a sock knitting machine .
Greetings from Germany
Heike
Debbie said…
Ok, today it looks like some sort of knitting machine. Like those little "knitting Nancys" we played with as kids...Debbie (Maine)
Mosaic Magpie said…
I have gone from a chain saw to this guess. Is it a knitting machine for hosiery!
Debbie
Lisa Boni said…
Looks like a sock knitter to me!
Momma Bear said…
looks like a knitting machine to me!
Marilyn said…
Hi Kerry,

I posted a comment on this post but it hasn't shown up. I guessed a knitting machine. I hope the post didn't get lost.
Kathy said…
That is a knitting machine. Used for socks, baby tights and I am sure other tubular things.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...