Skip to main content

I'm back and the Whazzit winner is....

Remember I said I would do a little shopping while attending the retreat in Colorado?  Well, I did and these items are ones I would like to share as the Whazzit Contest prize.



The Berry Patch is one of the favourite stores among the ladies who attend the retreat, so from there I have an assortment of ribbons, each approximately half a yard in length.

Next there is some YLI silk floss and a couple of brass coloured heart charms.

I also found these gorgeous velvet leaves at the Berry Patch so ten of them are going into the prize package.

The white vintage buttons came from a wonderful store in Colorado called The Woolen Shoppe and the pretty glass button came from The Berry Patch.

There is a package of baby blue Angelina to play with as well.

Hobby Lobby was where I found DMC Cotton Perle #5 in delicious variagated colours.

It was so much fun to read all your comments and especially the Whazzit guesses when I got back home a couple days ago.  I am unpacked again now and ready to announce the winner.  There was one correct guess the very first day and it was by ..... CRAZYQSIS!!  Congratulations!  Please get in touch with me by email and give me your mailing address and I'll send out your little prize package to you!  Thank you all for playing - it was great fun for me!  I hope you all enjoyed it too.

Comments

Jules said…
Great job CRAZYQSIS!!! I would never have thought of anything that specific, LOL!
Ruby said…
Congratulations!! Great prize!
It was fun for us too. I didn't know WHAT the heck it was.
Barb said…
Congrats to the winner, what fun prizes. Glad you made it home!
Anonymous said…
Awesome CRAZYQSIS!!! Very well done!

Thanks for the chance Kerry my kids and I had so much fun guessing:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com
Melisa Bakos said…
Wow I am pleased I was the first to guess the prize looks fab...
I really want one of these and have been looking for a running one that is priced reasonably.
Melisa B. or Crazyqsis
Mosaic Magpie said…
That was fun! Congratulations Melisa.
Debbie

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...