Friday, May 22, 2009

Notes from the Lake

Three kilometers down the road from the campground is the delightful little town of Milo, Alberta - at least I find it delightful! I took this picture of a fence on the main street which blocks the view of a vacant lot I think. I thought this was such a clever and inexpensive way to add a little western charm and pay homage to the ranching heritage of the area. All it would take would be a little research, a router and some fence boards! Cool, eh?
I've been a little quiet here since the start of last weekend with good reason. Last weekend was the Victoria Day long weekend in Canada - the first big camping weekend of our short summer. This last winter was especially long so I think everyone felt the need to celebrate the good weather we were blessed with for a couple days. The campground was more crowded than I have ever seen it before and we were literally run off our feet. This week I have spent cleaning up the aftermath so have had little time or energy to stitch or write. This weekend is shaping up to be a quiet one though, happily for me if not for the bottom line, so I will continue with the cleanup and resting when I can.

1 comment:

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Kerry, This fence is really really neat. It looks like the True West is alive and well. Thanks for sharing part of your west. Hugs Judy