This is how my week 24 sample for the BAS challenge turned out. I started by making Roses with Padded Satin Stitch Centres (using instructions from A - Z of Bullions) on every other scallop of the lace. They were stitched using Sampler Thread from The Gentle Art that I picked up recently because I just loved the colour. I used hand dyed silk ribbon to add a leaf on either side of each rose. In the picots along the edge of the lace I added pearl beads. Lastly I used pale lavender glass beads to line each side of the ribbon portion of the trim. I am pleased with how it turned out - it is always nice to try a new stitch, which this rose variation was for me.
As always, you can click on the picture to view a larger version. The colour is a bit off but you can get the idea.