Sunday, May 3, 2009

Build a Seam - Week 24 - Personalizing Purchased Trim

Thank you all to your patience while I took a brief hiatus to get myself moved and settled for the summer. Hopefully this won't seem like a cheat but this week's challenge is not a stitch but rather a question: What would you do to personalize purchased trim? There are some beautiful trims out there like the one above. I fell in love with this one the moment I saw it with the lucious velvet ribbon attached to the crochet edging. Recently though I have started to develop a slight disappointment in seams which are made from a purchased trim. I so much prefer to see them used where there has been something added to it to personalize it - stitching, beads, etc. Just tacking down a bit of trim is, well, disappointing. So, I hope you will not be disappointed that this week is not an actual stitch and will continue to play along with me in this challenge!

No comments: