Skip to main content

Swap Buttons Arrived!

This morning's mail brought me the buttons from the Embellished Button Swap we had at CQI and I love them!  I had sent seven buttons in so received these seven beautiful buttons back.  Below I'm adding an extreme closeup of each one along with the information on who made it - I want to give credit where credit is due.

 This first button was made by Lorrie Ramsay in Canada and can you believe this gorgeous thing was made with.... wait for it...... shrink art!  How cool is that?  I have a bunch of that stuff still kicking around from when the kids were using it for crafts so now I am going to have to dig it out and do some experimenting.
 This red and white button was embellished by Maria Silva in Portugal.  The little red lace motif is fussy cut and attached to a red button and then adorned with a bit of tatting and red and pearl seed beads.  Very creative!
 Carol Davis of Alabama made this beautiful ribbon flower button - I know just the block that is calling out for this one!
 Beth Pile of New York made this button - I think it must be from some kind of polymer clay and it is perfect to be added to the cushion I am working on for dd.
 Darlene Doerscher of Michigan did this beautiful beaded button.  This is definitely another technique I am going to have to find time to experiment with - I love the way it looks and I think it will be a wonderful addition to any cq project.
 This button is another made by Carol Davis.  I have no idea how she did this but I just love it!
Last, but certainly not least, another beaded button - this time from Pam Pincha-Wagener in Washington state.  I am totally blown away by the work and creativity in all these buttons and totally inspired to get to work on some of my own using these techniques.  Another great CQI swap!!

Comments

Those are delightful!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...