Skip to main content

Janet's Fools Gold Round Robin Block

This is the little six inch quilt block I embellished for Janet in the Fools Gold Round Robin at CQI.  If you follow along with my misadventures here, you may remember I had lost all my inspiration and, in fact, thought perhaps my muse had perished.  Well, thanks to all the great advice I received in everyone's comments, it appears she is alive and well and has come out of hiding at last - thanks!
I have to give everyone in this round robin a huge shout out for their incredible patience with me while I have been sitting here twiddling my thumbs, unable to pick up a needle.  Now I am on a roll again, I have two more blocks to finish up and send on and then I am retiring from round robins so I don't get myself in a pickle like this again.
Here is a closeup of what was one of my favourite things to stitch on this block.  I created the evergreen twigs by looking at a photo of actual twigs and simply trying to recreate what I saw with needle and thread.  This is my favourite type of stitching I think.  Then, since it was a Christmas block, I made it into part of a Christmas tree by "hanging" some gold charms to look like Christmas tree ornaments.  Fun!

Comments

gocrazywithme said…
I love it, Kerry! It's going to look so great with the other two Santa blocks! It was originally going to be a gift, but I think I might have to keep it for myself.
Suztats said…
Glad your Muse is back!
Wonderful tree branch!
Arlene White said…
Very Nice Kerry, glad your muse is up and running again, it has been missed. I will send you my block early next year, too late now with Christmas almost upon us. Has his Majesty arrived home yet? Arlene
NickiLee said…
Beautiful! I love this block!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...