Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blocks Ready for Fools Gold 2 DYB

I have been anxiously awaiting the start of two new round robins, Fools Gold I DYB and Fools Gold 2 DYB, which are the brain child of my friend, Gerry Krueger.  The idea behind these is to have all the fun of goldwork embroidery using only faux gold - inexpensive trims, ribbons, beads, etc. that only look like real gold.  So, I have just sent my set of blocks off to Gerry, who will stitch on them first. 

These are my blocks for Fools Gold I DYB, all pieced in bridal fabrics - silks, satins, etc. in shades of white and ecru.  I am hoping they will come home to me again adorned with lots of bling!








5 comments:

ARLENE said...

I'm working on a similar palette, using it for my TAST stitching. I'm using some gold, but I'll bet yours will be really gorgeous with all gold!

Arlene White said...

Kerry these are going to be fun to work with.

Arlene W (the Aussie)
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com.au/

Suztats said...

I think they'll be beautiful adorned with gold! What fun.

Wendy said...

I cannot wait to work on your blocks Kerry. I also chose a lighter color pallet for this rr.

Gerry Krueger said...

I'll make sure DH stops by the post office every time he goes to town... Don't suppose you could give me a hint on what's in the booklet so I could be busy planning??? Ger