Saturday, February 18, 2012

Art Journalling - Making a Start

"Journal" is my word for this year and I haven't done anything about it yet!  It is so hard to make that first step always...  So, I decided it was time to start and I'll share the process with you as I go along.  This is all new to me so I beg your patience and understanding!

 I decided an easy way to create a base for a journal would be to use a child's board book.  The local selvage center had a ten book for a dollar deal so I picked up a pile of them.  They have lots of interesting shapes, details, cutouts, etc. so it should be fun.
 I decided to start with this one for my first attempt.  The series of cutouts getting smaller with each page looked like fun.
First of all I had to remove the little felt bear attached with velcro onto the last page - poor bear! 
The next step will be painting the pages to create a blank canvas to work with. 

2 comments:

Diane said...

Can't wait to see what you will come up with. And what a great idea to use a child's peep hole book!

gocrazywithme said...

It will be interesting to see where you go with this idea! I have no idea how to use these little books as a journal, so be sure you photo each step, please?