Skip to main content

Update on Breast Cancer Auctions

 The CQI's crazy quilts for Breast Cancer have been relisted with some lovely closeup photos and more time to allow for bidding.  This first one, Golden Crazy Quilt for the Cure, can be seen on Ebay here.
 I love the little black corset in this closeup of the quilt!  This block was made by Hideko in Japan.
 The lovely pink ribbon meandering across this block serves as a reminder for the cause we are tring to raise the money for.
The block featured in this portion was created by Rose Anne B of Canada. 

 The auction for this second quilt, Crazy Quilt for the Cure, is located here on Ebay.  As with the other quilts, the proceeds are going to Susan G Komen for the Cure. 


I hope you enjoy these closeups of the second quilt.
The third crazy quilt up for auction is entitled, Another Crazy Quilt for the Cure, appropriately enough!  Check out the auction here.



Here are three closeups of this third quilt so that you can enjoy the details of the stitching.  Just click on the photos to enlarge them.

The 4th and final quilt in CQI's auction to benefit breast cancer is A Tribute to Mother, created by Diane Matheson of Ontario, Canada. 

You can see a bit more of the details in this photo.  To check out the auction for A Tribute to Mother, go here. All four auctions are ending on October 24th, so please visit them today!

Please feel free to borrow any of these photos or information for your own blog.  Help us spread the word!  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...