I spent Friday night and today working on and finishing up Ruby's project for the UFO Challenge. It's a thread roll.
This is what it looks like unrolled. Ruby had started it and I finished it so, thanks to this challenge, one UFO off her list. I can't wait to get mine back from her and see if she had as much fun as I did.
Ruby already had this gorgeous purple lace motif on there and some of the leaves. I added more leaves including some SRE ones and the sloppy french knot ribbon flowers.
Ruby had the gold butterfly on here already and some of the feather stitch in the background so I added more feather stitch and a second blue butterfly.
There was a little section at the bottom where some stitching had been taken out so I covered it up with my favourite vintage lace trim, added beads, crystal butterflies and butterfly charms.
These are the buttons Ruby had on there but I kind of moved them around a bit.
This is the inside of the roll when it is open. You can see there are rings sewn at the top for you to loop your threads on before you roll it up.
I got the matching needlebook finished as well. I added a few seams and motifs and did the construction. This is the front.
This is the back of the needlebook.
Inside there are four pages for your needles as well as a lace pocket on the inside of the front and back covers to hold packages of needles.
I thought I should get my FNSI stuff posted before Saturday was over!