Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blogtoberfest #20 & Thrifty Thursday

 It is Thrifty Thursdays over at The Quilted Cupcake and I thought it might be fun to get in on the fun and show off one of my thrift store finds - not the pincushion in the top picture.  That one was made by my dear friend, Jacque, and I won it in the auction last year at the CQI retreat.  I love it!  I included the photo so you can see the possibilities of my thrifty find below.
It's a larger version of the one I have and needs some pegs replaced that are missing.  Of course, it needs upholstery (cq of course!) added as well.  I just have to share this find because I paid - are you ready? - 45 cents for it!  Whoo-hoo! 

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You did good Kerry! I am on the lookout for me one of those.....

Lis said...

I have never seen anything like this, looks interesting, cant wait to see revamped.

gocrazywithme said...

Forty-five cents is terrific. I have quite a collection of them, all different, and most of them I paid $10 or less for. Except the one Grandma gave me, for which I would not take a million dollars!