I have just finished up a block for Gerry in the Art Nouveau DYB at CQI. I showed a sneak peek earlier of the first motif I did on this block. This is the second one, some carnations in the corner of the block. This and all the other motifs I did came from a Dover Art Nouveau transfer book. I am glad I had it in my collection since Gerry requested all flowers and my knowledge of Art Nouveau flowers was somewhat lacking. I used two strands of DMC cotton floss for the greenery. The stems are done in chain stitch and the other bits are satin stitch. After working with one strand on the last motif, the two strands seemed kind of clunky to work with. The blossoms are done in a pink variegated silk thread in a rather sad attempt at long and short stitch. Definitely need more practice on that stitch!
This next motif with the heart shaped flowers is entirely done in stem stitch, using silk buttonhole thread.
I liked this one! Silk buttonhole thread was used again: stem stitch for the lines, satin stitch for the rest. Love the purple!
The other block in this set that is already finished was done by Hideko - it is wonderful! You can check out what she did with some gorgeous oyas here on her blog.