I am presently working on a sweet pea flower fairy block and this is the motif I have done on it. I used a pattern from the A - Z of Embroidered Flowers and it is about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. It took me the better part of two days, lol. I used the tracing paper method of transferring the pattern, doing the stems and tendrils in stem stitch. Then the leaves and flower petals were outlined in stem stitch. After that, I went back and used satin stitch to fill them all in. Covering the stem stitch with the satin stitch gave it a nice edge and a bit of padding. It was all done in one strand of DMC cotton floss.