Monday, January 16, 2012

TAST - Week 2 (Buttonhole Stitch)

As much as I wanted to continue doing this block all in fly stitch, I decided I would get hopelessly behind if I didn't move on to the second week and do some buttonhole stitch.  I didn't get a whole lot done but did try some variations of the stitch that were new to me so I think I did all right in the spirit of the challenge.

The first seam I added was a Double Buttonhole Stitch - simple but effective. 

I used blue silk to make a simple buttonhole stitch of staggered heights and then wrapped the base in red thread.  Never thought of wrapping buttonhole stitch before!

This one is a Crossed Buttonhole Stitch which was a tiny bit mind bending for me.

Two for one!  At the bottom is another buttonhole stitch of staggered heights and at the top is a closed buttonhole stitch.

The inspiration for all these variations came from Sarah Whittle's wonderful website - check it out!  Also, you can check out the guidelines for Sharon B's Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) Challenge here.

5 comments:

bluemuf said...

Nice stitching

Karen

Arlene White said...

Kerry, the block is looking great, with Feather stitch for week 3, this will get filled up quickly.
Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com/

Suztats said...

Lookin' good!

Juli said...

What a great block Kerry (wink). This is going to turn out great!

Linda @Sweet Studio Slippers said...

I love the dandelion (is that what it's called?) are your fly stitches (open ended) pointing toward the center? I would like to try this. Very cute!