Saturday, January 28, 2012

Colour Theory

I haven't been posting much the last little while because I haven't been getting a lot of stitching done.  Instead, I have been working on a Basic Colour Theory class over at the Stitchmap Yahoo Group. This is a great group by the way, where you can take free online classes on all kinds of stitch techniques.  The classes are very high quality and you are matched with a mentor to assist you one-on-one.  These are some of the samples I have been stitching for my class notebook.


Achromatic - colour scheme that uses no colours, only black, white and greys.


Monochromatic - colour schemes that use tints, tones and shades of only one colour.


Analagous - colour scheme that uses different tins, tones and shades of three or four colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel.


Complementary - colour scheme that uses tints, tones and shades of a colour and its complement.

So, as you can see, I haven't totally been slacking off!  I hope that I will finally get a handle on this colour theory now and be able to use it effectively in my stitching.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

Awesome job Kerry!! They look great!

Suztats said...

That's some nice stitching, Kerry! And several lines of each. No wonder you've been busy.

ARLENE said...

Great job! I have to get started on mine, but don't really want to stitch or make whole blocks. I have an idea that uses yo yo's, so I think I'd better get to work tomorrow.