Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nicki Lee's Under the Sea Round Robin block

This is the block I have embellished for Nicki Lee in the Under the Sea Round Robin we are in together.  Since Nicki Lee is the queen of hand dyed lace I had to find something else to use to embellish this block so I turned to silk ribbon embroidery.  I made a large scallop shell and a seahorse using silk ribbon and silk threads.  I used a strand of ribbon to simulate netting.  The other blocks of Nicki's all had lovely netting done with fibers but I didn't have anything like that in my stash so I hope this ribbon gives enough of a similar effect to tie them together.  I added three charms to the ribbon.  Lastly, I used silk buttonhole thread in three colours to make feather stitch seaweed.  I hope Nicki Lee will like it!

1 comment:

Cathy K said...

Lovely, Kerry! Great ideas! Hope your Christmas is wonderful.... Hugs, Cathy