Sunday, March 24, 2013

Last Minute ATCs



The Embroiderers' Association of Canada has their ATC swap every year so how is it that it always sneaks up on me the way it does?  Anyway, as usual I was scrambling at the last minute to come up with some Artists Trading Cards to send in for the swap.  This year I took a south western style sampler that was already stitched and measured out four 3-1/2 X 2-1/2 inch pieces.  I used a very thick stiffener with double sided adhesive and sandwiched it between the stitched pieces and some white cotton for the back.  Once the little sandwiches were ironed together all I needed to do was buttonhole stitch around the outside edges and then add my information to the back using a very fine tipped permanent parker.




So, they didn't turn out too badly and off they went in the mail, hopefully to arrive in time for the swap.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Cute idea! You are the Queen of Repurposing!

Debbie S. said...

These turned out wonderful. Such a great idea.