Friday, March 8, 2013

Another Small Project - Nametag

Another small cross stitch project done!  This one is a name tag for the National Seminar of The Embroiderers' Association of Canada to be held in Winnipeg in June.  It promises to be a huge amount of fun, especially since it is EAC's 40th Anniversary!
I've been very lucky in the classes I got into -
For the first two days I will be taking Jacobean Brilliance, taught by Alison Cole.  I love goldwork and am very excited about learning techniques that are new to me.
On my free day, I opted out of city tours and the like and signed up for a one day class with Lynn Payette for “Treasure” Pin or Pendant.
For my last two days of classes, I am signed up with Sylvia Murariu for a project called Passion Flowers.  It is a combination of Romanian Point Lace, Surface Embroidery and Stumpwork.  I took a class from Sylvia before and she is a great teacher.
You can find out more about these classes and others still available for registration by checking out the brochure on the EAC website.

1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Lucky you to be taking the classes. Thank you for the links, what beautiful work they both do. Alison's website was very interesting.
Deb