Monday, November 14, 2011

Another Class Over!

 I had the pleasure of introducing a group of 6 ladies in High River to crazy quilting today!  What a wonderful stitching group they have!  They have been meeting together for 12 years and are such a friendly, happy bunch.  They made me feel so welcome and I left feeling more than a little jealous of their group.
The ladies all had their blocks already pieced so it was straight to the fun and games of embellishment - motifs and seam treatments.  We managed to experiment with several common stitches - herringbone, cretan, feather , did some combinations of stitches for more elaborate seams  and also got a good start on a sample of silk ribbon embroidery, making several types of roses and Japanese ribbon stitch leaves.  We had a little fun embossing velvet and they really enjoyed that.  It was a real pleasure to introduce such an enthusiastic group to my favourite art form!

2 comments:

shawkl said...

Oh what great fun! I'm sure all of you had lot's to talk about at the dinner table with family tonight! What a great day!
Kathy

Juli said...

How fun! I sure wish I had a crazy quilting group to spend time with around here!