Thursday, February 4, 2010

Arlene's Summer DYB Round Robin Block

I have just finished my work on the last block in Arlene's Summer DYB Round Robin set of blocks.  They will all be in the morning mail now to Arlene.

The other blocks in the set were all done in bright colours - out of my comfort zone - but I did my best.  Cobi had provided me with the peacock lace motif so I used Adirondack Alcohol Inks to dye it and then added the sequins and beads.  After attaching the motif, I used Whipped Chain Stitch to add some branches (my BAS sample for this week), then added foliage using Raised Leaf Stitch in the same wool as I used for wrapping the chain stitch.  Lastly, I built some bullion stitch flowers with variated perle cotton and sewed a bead into the center of each.  I hope Arlene will like it!

3 comments:

Ann Flowers said...

Your whipped chain stitch is beautiful! Such a pretty piece, you did such a lovely job!!!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Pollydo2003 said...

Kerry this is stunning, thanks Cobi for the peacock, he's lovely.
Kerry you've done lovely work, thanks so much.

Arlene

shawkl said...

Gorgeous Kerry! I love your choice of colors...and the flowers are my favorite part. Of course, the vine is super as well, that wrapped chain stitch worked up so nice. It is so uniform, it looks like twisted cording...great job!