I just finished this little lavender motif and wanted to share it because I was happy with how it worked. The stems are done in stem stitch using two strands of good old DMC cotton floss. Next I used silk buttonhole thread to make the bullions for the lavender. I worked them a bit loose so that the wraps would separate a bit and look more like my idea of lavender blossoms. I used silk ribbon and ribbon stitch for the little leaves and then tied a bit of pink silk ribbon around the stems and secured it here and there with tiny stitches to make it lay where I wanted. You see these things in your head and they don't always come out on the fabric the same way but this one did so I am pleased.