Monday, September 5, 2011

Lavender Motif

I just finished this little lavender motif and wanted to share it because I was happy with how it worked.  The stems are done in stem stitch using two strands of good old DMC cotton floss.  Next I used silk buttonhole thread to make the bullions for the lavender.  I worked them a bit loose so that the wraps would separate a bit and look more like my idea of lavender blossoms.  I used silk ribbon and ribbon stitch for the little leaves and then tied a bit of pink silk ribbon around the stems and secured it here and there with tiny stitches to make it lay where I wanted.  You see these things in your head and they don't always come out on the fabric the same way but this one did so I am pleased.

5 comments:

Suztats said...

It's beautiful!

Cathy K said...

Beautiful lavender, Kerry! Wish my garden lavender looked as nice, LOL. Hugs, Cathy

shawkl said...

Those are so pretty, I can almost smell their perfume!
Kathy

Ruby said...

It's such a joy when a plan works. Beautiful.

Laurie said...

I love it Kerry, I've never seen lavender done this way, and it turned out beautiful!!