Skip to main content

Retreat, Part 1

I came home from the lake with the trailer this year with only a week to get ready and get to Colorado for the CQI retreat. I made it - although I was unable to find all the supplies I needed to bring with me - but crazy quilters are a very generous group and the others took care of me where I ran short. Thank you ladies! So, in a frenzy of packing I got ready to go. As you can see, not everyone in my house was crazy about me leaving again so soon after arriving home from the lake. My Pomeranian, Nala, did her best to hold the suitcase down!

The retreat took place in Breckenridge, Colorado, where Leslie had arranged for us to rent the home you see above. The accommodations were pretty well perfect for our needs with lots of light for stitching, plenty of room for spreading out our collective stash, gorgeous scenery and even a hot tub! It was snowing lightly when we arrived as you can see from the photo but it didn't last although the weather was cool at night as you would expect in the mountains.
The fun started as soon as we arrived with Leslie presenting us with presents, the first of which was a tote bag each that she had made with the wonderful new CQI logo! Leslie has a commercial embroidery machine and she works absolute magic with her skills with that machine.
Each of us also received a name tag - isn't this a clever idea? I love mine and will be using it for my guild meetings this fall.


There was a beautiful little creek running by the side of the retreat house right by the hot tub. It was so lovely to look at, whether it was snowing or the sun was shining.











Comments

qwerty said…
Pretty things Kerry!! That house and the location look marvelous :)

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...