This gold fabric gave me nightmares! It was one of those that loves to fray and by the time I was stitching on it the gold had frayed enough that it wouldn't meet the adjoining black fabric anymore. So, I stabilized the seam by securing both the black and gold to prevent further fraying and then found this trim in my stash that had both colours in it so it would blend in. There are no traditional seams on this block so I didn't want to add any this close to the end. It was tricky to get the trim worked around the existing stitching but I think I managed all right in the end. I really liked this very pretty gold fabric so I claimed it for myself and stitched a dragonfly on it in varigated threads. I had already done a litle dimensional embroidery of an aloe vera plant which I posted previously.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Ann's Spiders & Webs II RR Block
I finished up Ann's round robin block in time to hand in on to Janet at the Retreat. I finally managed to come up with a bit of silk ribbon work! This block had so much really lovely silk ribbon embroidery on it I felt like I should add some too but had a hard time coming up with anything that wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb because of my limited ability with silk ribbon. At last I came up with this little bunch of pansies which I was happy enough with in the end.