Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Week 31 Sample Seam


This is my seam I did for week 31 with the french knots and colonial knots. It is supposed to be wisteria but since I have never seen that flower in real life I'm not sure how it stands up! lol In any case, I used primarily colonial knots for the blossoms with a few french knots as well, all done in various shades of purple silk ribbon. I used a bit of hand dyed lace I was gifted with for the trellis on the seam. The vine, stems and leaves were all done in silk, Gloriana Petite Perle. For the vine I added a few drops of water to some Tacky glue and soaked the thread in it, then wiped it down and wound it around a pencil (for the main vine) and a needle (for the tendrils), both of which I had covered in Saran Wrap and let it dry so it would hold its curl. Then I couched it down where I wanted it. The little stems were done in straight stitch and the leaves are detached chain stitch (lazy daisy). This seam/motif is on Cobi's Spider II round robin block so I hope she will like it. I just have a bi more to do on this block - then I will post a picture of the whole thing.

3 comments:

Skye said...

Wisteria, is a lovely delicate vine that grows wild in the south..I think you did a splendid job on the wisteria by the way...It's one of my favorite vine flowers...Great job..Thanks for sharing the baby swallows with us..They are adorable..hugs, Skye

Thelma said...

You have done a beautiful job Kerry! Looks great!

Ann Flowers said...

That is stunning. wow now that is a seem treatment. I need to catch up on mine. I am going to put that on my list for the next couple of days. Wow your work is inspiring. Just lovely!!!!