So, here is the baggie Cathy won - hope you enjoy it Cathy!
So, I started with a small basic baggie and added one item for every person who commented and entered the draw. The 38 items I added are:
1, 2, 3 & 4 - are a sampling of the Fimo faces I have made (fun for cabachons);
5. - three Asian coins;
6. - a flower pot button and two vase buttons (plastic);
7. - a fan charm (cannabilized from costume jewelry);
8. - half a yard of ecru beaded braid trim I discovered in the quilting store yesterday (lol - half a yard for you and half a yard left for me!)
9. - three tie tack type pieces of jewelry (ruler, scissors and pencil), for use either as jewelry or to be cannibalized for cq! lol
10. - "Home Sweet Home" book subtitled "25 Beautiful Cross-Stitch Designs for Every Room in the House" , a Vanessa-Ann Collection along with some waste canvas. There is a method to my madness here! I love using waste canvas to stitch cross stitch motifs onto cq blocks so I figure this is another chance to convert someone! The book has large pictures and samplers in it but there are small designs that can be lifted out of them - some nice trees, autumn leaves, etc. This is how I usually find my motifs to cross stitch since a lot of the smaller designs that are meant to be stitched by themselves can tend to be too cartoonish for cq.
11. - a piece of ivory silk;
12. - a piece of mauve silk;
13. - a piece of silk that is either plum or brown, can't decide. All these are lightweight silks I found in a "cloth shop" in the city. Have you checked out the sari shops yet for inexpensive lightweight silk in a rainbow of colours? You should! It isn't dupioni, of course, but it is silk and the colours are fun!
14. - a piece of red-red-red silk;
15 - a piece of lightweight silk, forest green;
16. & 17. - two pieces of silk both of which change colour depending on how the light is hitting it. One seems to go from purple to blue and the other is a mauve/rose colour with blue undertones. More finds from the sari shop!
18. - a card of Gold Rush #14 (blue)
19. - a card of Gold Rush #14 (dark green)
20. - a card of Gold Rush #14 (light green)
21. - a skein of Edmar thread (Lola) in hot pink;
22. - some metal buttons;
23. - some glass buttons;
24. - a few funky old plastic buttons. Don't usually like plastic but if it old enough I do!
25. - a length of red beaded braid trim;
26. - a venise lace peacock for you to play with;
27. - a floral trim (flower leaves with little pearls and sequins) from a wedding dress;
28. - half of a lace collar;
29. - a silkie I made of a little girl in a nurses' cap holding a puppy with a bandage on his foot. (Come on, you want to say it....Awwwwwwww......) lol
30. - three mauve tassels;
31. - a short length of pink and yellow oyas;
32. - two emu feathers. (roflol - you figure out what to do with them!)
33. - three different butterfly charms;
34. - a length of tatted trim;
35, - three different heart charms;
36. - some small satin flowers with pearl centers;
37. - pink glass flower beads; and...
38. - two little ladybug beads.
Whew! I was getting out of breath there! I hope you have as much fun with these little treasures, Cathy, as I have had putting the goody bag together!
I have discovered it is even more fun holding a giveaway draw than it is entering them so I'll be having more. I'll think of a different twist next time!