Friday, March 28, 2014

Passing it on...

Well, passing it on is important when it comes to our stitching.  Children need the knowledge and the passion for stitching if we are going to have more embroiderers up and coming in society.  So, after mulling it over for way too long, I marched myself over to the school next door and offered  myself up to teach embroidery to any who are interested.  I don't know yet if this will go anywhere - it will depend on if there is enough interest when they put the idea out there to the kids and their parents.  But, it is a step in the right direction and I finally did it!  I'll keep you posted on what develops.  My goal is to get a youth embroidery group going.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

congratulations!!
I often wonder how the skill of handwork will be passed down to the next generation besides to those whose parents and grandparents teach it to their children. Sparking an interest in today's youth for any skill that doesn't involve technology is awesome!
xx, Carol

Marilyn said...

Great idea Kerry. Society is so different than when I was young and you learned all those skills from your Mom and Grandma. I'm super excited - we had a new person come to our sane quilters weekend and she wants to learn crazy quilting. And she only lives a few miles from me!

Suztats said...

Yes! Way to go!