Skip to main content

Finished the Cat ATCs

Remember this piece of cross stitch I picked up half done at the thrift store and finished?  Well, once I completed it, I cut it up into little rectangles and made ATCs from it.  Here they are:






Since I finished up the stitching I don't look at them as cheating!  lol  I also found a piece of brazilliam embroidery in a nasty little plastic frame and cut it down into an ATC as well.

I think this bit of embroidery will be much happier as an ATC than it was in that nasty frame.
In order to use pieces of embroidery for ATCs, I first iron double faced adhesive to the back.  Then I cut them out to the desired size - the adhesive holds the stitching threads secure so they don't unravel.  I peel off the paper on the other side of the adhesive and iron them onto pieces of wool felt which serves as their backing.  I finish them up by blanket stitching around the edges by hand.  Voila!

The whole time I was working on these, Sheldon's lullaby from The Big Bang Theory keep running through my head:
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty.
Little Ball of Fur,
Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty
Purr, Purr, Purr
Now they are finished I hope I will be able to get this song out of my head!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...