Skip to main content

This and That

Well, sorry for my absence but it has been a tough week.  We laid a dear friend to rest this past weekend - one of a group of five girls who have remained friends since the first days of high school - no mean feat when you are in your fifties.  I didn't get anything creative done in the last week but I did get a few old UFOs finished up. 
This afghan got finished and given to my wonderful daughter-in-law to be, Bobbi,  over the Easter weekend.  I fell in love with the yarn - wonderful touchy-feely chenille - but had gotten bogged down when it came to putting the strips together.  With a little help from my friend, Ilys, the crocheting got done and the afghan got off the UFO list.


This dishcloth was almost done for some time but finally got finished.  My brother, David, was so pleased with the pile of handmade dishclothes I gave him for Christmas a couple years ago, he put in his request for his birthday next month.  So, this one is the first in the new pile for his birthday.



This one is the second dishcloth in the pile I am building for David's birthday.  I love this heart design! 

I am getting back into the swing of things now and hope to have some stitching to show you soon!

Comments

Congratulations on finishing up some of your UFO's. They all look great.

Also, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I hope the rest of your group will stay in close touch -- as the years go by, friends are even more special.

Thinking of you,
Luv,
J
Karen said…
Kerry~
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Getting older really stinks sometimes.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway Day! (CLOSED)

I am very happy to be joining in the Giveaway Day through Sew, Momma, Sew .  I have chosen to share one of my finds from a shopping trip, or treasure hunts as I think of them.  This is an antique sewing box -  I could not resist it when I saw it for sale!  Were you able to guess the item from the sneak peek earlier in the week? The box itself is fairly small, 8 inchs X 6 inchs and 4 inches high (20 cm X 15 cm and 10 cm high).  From my research it is of Asian origin. Inside the sewing box is lined with hand-painted silk.  The inside of the lid features a neat little needlebook. In the bottom of the sewing box there are more beautiful hand-painted blossoms and an attached pincushion.  I hope you are as charmed by this little box as I was when I found it and that you will enter my giveaway.  I will be pleased to mail internationally so everyone is invited to enter. To enter, visit my Etsy shop and then come back and leave me a...

Giveaway!

I am feeling like celebrating for various reasons! Firstly, this is my 100th post on my blog and that seems worthy of a little celebration. Secondly, I can now count the days on this year's camping season on my fingers! It has been a busy summer out here at the campground and I am anticipating getting home for a rest - I am so looking forward to hot showers, a real bed, good lighting and my comfy stitching chair! So, I have decided to celebrate with a giveaway! I think these are great fun and have put my name down for several and even won once so it feels like time to be on the hosting end for a change. I have decided to give away a squishie of items for stitching, embellishing and inspiration. I can't show you a picture right now because of the twist I have come up with! I'll start out with a squishie containing some fun items like an oya or two, specialty threads and fancy yarns, a silkie and a couple other things. For every person who puts their name in the draw by leavi...

BAS - Week 73 - Raised Fishbone Leaves (and Tutorial)

It took me a little while to get this one ready - lots of photos in the tutorial.  This Build a Seam (BAS) Challenge is for Raised Fishbone Stitch leaves.  With a little practice you will get much better results than I did - this was my first attempt on these as well.  For some reason I have basically avoided fishbone stitch but no time like the present to learn!  I hope you enjoy this BAS Challenge! Begin by marking your leaves on your fabric.  You will find it handy to have an outline to follow while stitching.  I used a mechanical pencil to lightly mark mine - hopefully not so lightly you can`t see them! To begin, bring your needle up at the point of the leaf and take it down again about halfway down on the center vein. Now come up again directly to the left of that, on the outside edge of the leaf. Take your needle down again just barely to the right and down from the top leaf point. And bring it up again just barely to the left and down of the point...