Leslie was kind enough to let me do one of her 6" blocks for her and from the start it told me it wanted to be a garden. I have finished the block now and have learned some new stitches along the way so it was really a lot of fun! Hopefully Leslie will like it as much as I do - lol.
The challenge this month at CQI is flowers using a new stitch or technique so I have accomplished a couple of these on this block. The pansy seam at the top with the buttonhole circles was a new one. The bullion roses were a first for me as were the cast-on pansies in the basket. Up by the robin there is a seam treatment of orchids and I used buttonhole to make the poppy treatment at the bottom. So, that was four new flowers.