Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Reading Again!

It is so strange to me that I am unable to read fiction anymore at home!  According to my "sleep doctor", I lack the necessary ability to concentrate because of my sleep apnia and the resulting chronic fatique it causes.  I can read non-fiction and devour books on needle and fibre arts but not fiction.  Strange, yes?  Out here at the campground though I am able to devour books of any kind for some reason and usually read a every day or two.  So, the book reviews begin!

Yesterday on my day off  I visited the thrift store and picked up A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron.  What a lovely read it was - a cross between Tuesdays with Morrie and Marley and Me!  
I recommend this one to anyone who is an animal lover - you will love the gentle humour of a dog's perception of the world and events around him.  I really recommend this one 4* our of 5.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This book was recommended to me by another dog lover blog friend. It's in my Amazon wish list waiting for me to include in my next order.

I can see how it would be easier to read at the camp ground. It's hard for me to sit down and read a book especially since I used to devour books. It's hard right now to just sit and concentrate on a story line and I find it much easier to put down and pick up my stitching projects.
xx, Carol

gocrazywithme said...

Yeah! More book reviews! I've been thinking of taking up doing reviews again. I just finished the latest Longmire novel by Craig Johnson. Love the whole series (and the television series!).