Saturday, May 30, 2015

New Blackwork Piece - "Kick Up Your Heels"

This my new blackwork design, Kick up Your Heels!  I am pretty excited about this - it was a lot of fun to design and stitch and I loved playing with the colours.
Here is a closer shot if you would like to see more details - check out the purple crystals - gotta love that bling!  I designed this for my Seminar Theme Award entry.  The theme of this year's seminar was Stampeding Stitches so I dreamed up this pair of cowgirl's party boots.  Managed to snag third prize so not to shabby.  Now, what to do with the design?

6 comments:

Arlene White said...

WOW Kerry these are amazing and that you did all the work yourself, well done. I've tried my hand at blackwork and I know you really need to concentrate when working the stitches. Also that you designed it yourself, well done, you've done an outstanding job.

Well done you....
Arlene

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

They are cool!! I don't do this kind of stitching so I had to zoom in to check it out. Looks like a lot of precision stitching. I like the look.
xx, Carol

gocrazywithme said...

OMG, Kerry! That is so awesome! And you got 3rd? Well done, but I'd have given them a 1st.

lewmew said...

Well, I, for one, would love to have it available so I could make this for my Texan husband!

D1-D2 said...

Congrats on winning! It looks really great. The different stitches really bring it to life.

Marilyn said...

Very nice and congratulations. I love bling - I just posted my next fairy block on my FB page - and since she is sitting in a cave of crystals I had every excuse I needed to overdo the crystal beads :).