Since I have not finished anything to show, I thought I would share a work in progress. This is another Jacobean style flower I am working on, in glitz and gold again.
I cannot get the colours right on this photo so you will have to trust me that it looks all right. Here is now the first petal evolved. I had a friend drop by and give me some strange ribbon - it is like a netting made of metallic fibres melted together, gold on one side and silver on the other. I started by using two layers of this ribbon cut to shape to fit in the center of the petal. I used Kreinik braid to make a satin stitch border around the outside of the petal. Next I used a thick metallic thread, which I couched down the inside and outside of the satin stitch border. I used the Fyreworks to lay a grid of threads down across the inside of the petal. Lastly, at the intersections of the grid I applied cup shaped sequins with gold beads.
I love the way the petal ended up and am now onto the next petal.