Thursday, February 21, 2013

Work in Progress

Since I have not finished anything to show, I thought I would share a work in progress.  This is another Jacobean style flower I am working on, in glitz and gold again.
 First of all, I gathered up my "shinies" like a magpie...

I cannot get the colours right on this photo so you will have to trust me that it looks all right.  Here is now the first petal evolved.  I had a friend drop by and give me some strange ribbon - it is like a netting made of metallic fibres melted together, gold on one side and silver on the other.  I started by using two layers of this ribbon cut to shape to fit in the center of the petal.  I used Kreinik braid to make a satin stitch border around the outside of the petal.  Next I used a thick metallic thread, which I couched down the inside and outside of the satin stitch border.  I used the Fyreworks to lay a grid of threads down across the inside of the petal.  Lastly, at the intersections of the grid I applied cup shaped sequins with gold beads.
I love the way the petal ended up and am now onto the next petal.

2 comments:

Suztats said...

Wow! Love the glittery bits. That looks like it'll be one fab flower!

Debbie S. said...

Wonderful job Kerry. We can tell you put lots of work into this block!