Well, here is Gerry's block finished at last. I continued on from where I left off in my last post by making the two main side petals. I covered the inside of these two petals with a double layer of glittered gold netting. Then I spent 8 hours (and then my fingers fell off and my eyes fell out, lol) couching Japan thread, first 8 rows in copper and then eight rows in silver. I used a tiny amount of gold trim for the stem of the flower and on either side I couched gold Japan thread with green cotton floss for the two leaves at the base of the flower. I changed the shape of the original center petal and used Kreinik metallic braids to satin stitch two more petals peeking from the back. There is a spider web at the top corner and the seams are done with gold braids and trims, embellished with a small amount of stitching in cotton floss.
It will be on its way to Gerry in the mail tomorrow and I hope she likes it, especially after how patient she has been!