Monday, November 19, 2012

A Seam Treatment for You

Slowly but surely my muse is returning and I am getting some stitching done - baby steps!  I am pleased with how this seam turned out so thought I would share it with you.
I started with a row of cretan stitch in Kreinik gold braid and then added a french knot at the point of each stitch using two strands of red DMC cotton floss.  Above each french knot I added three straight stitches in Kreinik gold braid.  I used Japan gold to weave through, passing it up and down through each set of straight stitches.  Pretty, yes?  It makes a nice wide seam which is what you want sometimes and it had lots of "shiny" to entice my muse out of hiding, lol.  Hope you like it!

4 comments:

Marjolein said...

This sure is a pretty seam treatment.

Cathy K said...

OOOOh, this is lovely! Don't be too surprised if you see it popping up by some of us who'd like to borrow it! :-)

Hugs, Cat

libbyquilter said...

very pretty~!!~

:-)
libbyQ

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love it. I'm stealing that for my next project. :-)