Monday, June 13, 2011

Sendai block complete - at last!

Done at last!  Well, actually, I don't think this block will ever be done in my eyes so I have decided to just declare it done! lol  I still see where a couple birds would be nice in the sky above the pagoda... a spider on the turned over leaf on the lace... and so on and so on.  BUT if I don't want this block to turn into my life's work, I have to stop somewhere so last night I decided this was it.  It is going off in the mail before I change my mind! 
The plans I had for the block changed along the way.  I extended the geometric design further than I had thought too originally.  The plan for the tree and the Sendai skyline went by the wayside along the way.  The fan was added at the last minute - inspired by the beautiful vintage fan designs in Ms. Carole Samples' books. 
So, for better or worse, here it is!  Ta-dah!  Hopefully I will now get back to posting some stitching of different things rather than the same block over and over...  Thanks to all for your patience while I struggled with this very "slow cloth".

2 comments:

Selvage Quilter said...

Oh this came out great.

Have you ever thought about steampunk style crazy quilts? It just hit me.

Suztats said...

Very nice result! Isn't it funny how on one block we feel as though we could go on and on, and others we know immediately when it's finished?