Thursday, April 14, 2011

Canada Block Pieced

This is my block for the ICQA (International Crazy Quilt Association) Flag Project.  We are making a quilt with blocks from each of the countries that our members come from, and I was lucky enough to score the chance to do the Canadian block.  Ignore the basting stitches still in play there and you can see I decided to make a huge maple leaf.  It is a twelve inch block so I started by piecing four inch crazy quilted blocks in white and red and then using them to piece a traditional maple leaf quilt block.  Now the fun of the embellishing can begin! 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Kerry, I love this block. I've nevere seen a traditional quilt blocked pieced with crazy patch. I can think of a lot more traditional blocks that could be done the same way. A great meld of sane and crazy.

Cynthia