Sunday, March 8, 2015

Silk Ribbon Embroidery - an ATC

I love making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards).  They are the perfect place to try something new or experiment with a stitch or technique.  Yesterday I wanted to make an ATC for a sweet lady I know so decided I would use Silk Ribbon Embroidery to make her a bouquet of flowers. Of course, I had to try something new so in this case it was toothpick roses.  You wrap the ribbon around a toothpick, forming the rose, and then slide it off and use little backstitches to keep it all together.  It was fun to try but a little too fiddly and small for my big fingers to enjoy - the joys of having "man hands"!  lol So, I don't think it is a technique I will fall in love with.  I am generally pleased with the total effect of the bouquet though and hope the recipient enjoys them.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very Pretty but I don't think I will try the toothpick roses. It sounds like its too fiddly for me. Your apple is coming along nicely too :)

Suztats said...

That's a lovely rose bouquet ATC!

D1-D2 said...

It looks lovely. I'll have to try out the tooth pick rose one day.

Quayceetatter said...

Love the Bouquet!! Will have to try making some with your toothpick method.