Thursday, December 4, 2014

Crazy Quilting Update - Ecuador Block

So, did you think I had stopped working on the Ecuador block?  Wrong!  lol As usual, I have painted myself into a bit of a corner.  I have done this in the past with french knots (millions and millions of french knots) and this time it is bullion stitch.

I thought it would be nice to have a llama on the block so since they tend to look like they have dreadlocks I thought the whole thing should be bullion knots.  After I had stitched an outline of my llama, I started by doing the tail in bullion stitches.  Now I have moved onto the legs.  Next I imagine I will go with the head and neck and then move on to the incredibly repetitive bullion stitch body.  As you might guess, I embarked on this with not one milliner's needle in the house so each stitch is a bit of a struggle...
But, I am stitching away and will continue to post updates!  Did I mention I decided to make the llama BIG?  roflol  - if you are going to go crazy making bullions, why not billions of bullions?!

2 comments:

Cathy Kizerian said...

Billions and billions of bullions!! Why did you draw him (her?) so big? Are you a glutton for punishment? LOL. Just teasing, of course. It will be beautiful!! You are so ambitious! We really do appreciate your huge effort on this block. And I am really glad it’s you not me, hehehe! Big hugs, Cathy

Marilyn said...

All I can say is YIKES!