Monday, November 10, 2014

Thrift Store Treasures

Sometimes thrift stores can be a gold mine of treasures! Last week two thrift store items came home with me,
 I occasionally find an issue of Inspirations magazine and always pick them up to fill in the gaps in my collection.  This time it was Issue #3 - not an easy one to find!
 My friend picked up an odd looking ball of fabric for me at the salvage center and I am so happy she did - a collection of silkies all stitched together with insertion stitches.

After carefully picking out the stitches, here is what I was left with - 51 (!!) lovely little floral cigarette silks!  How cool is this!  I think she paid a quarter for this!  lol Doesn't it make you want to start a project with them?  I am imagining a vintage look crazy quilt with a lovely little floral silkie on each block...

5 comments:

Quayceetatter said...

Beautiful silkies, lucky U!! Linda in NM

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

what a lucky find! There's a gift to be grateful for!
xx, Carol

Marilyn said...

Good score Kerry. I think if the silkies came into your house, then it is time to rekindle you cq :). My latest find wasn't quite so much fun but I got an Irish wool and angora scarf and fingerless mitts trimmed with lace for $1.50 and a bag of 40 new DMC flosses for $1. And several zippers for the project bags I'm making.

Bear said...

What a wonderful find Kerrie, love your ideas please show us when you are doing the quilt I know it will be beautiful
Love n hugs Bslinda xo

gocrazywithme said...

Incredible find! Well done!