Saturday, February 8, 2014

Stitching Done on Christmas Ornament

I still need to do the finishing but the stitching is done on this Susan Portra ornament.  Now, take into account I am just starting to explore canvaswork so make allowances!  And the little cabachon things defeated me completely when it came to getting them lined up but I am hoping it won't be noticeable when the finishing work is done.
The kit for this one was another thrift store find - couple bucks - gotta love it.  With my new stash busting regime if I buy it I have to do it so here it is. With my love of all things shiny I have to admit I was drawn to it.
There were new stitches to try with this - some I loved, some not so much so.
Now the thing is that there is a lot of threads left as well as lots of canvas... so I think I'll try to make another ornament, a variation on the theme, and then there will likely still be threads and canvas left so it will be ATCs from that! I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That's the trouble with projects - there are always bits left over that means you have more little bits to use up. My sane quilt scraps fill two large rough totes and I just keep adding more instead of getting rid of any (sigh)

Suztats said...

I love it when there's stuff left over!
I'm attracted to the colours in this--so very pretty. Have fun!