Saturday, February 1, 2014

Postcard Challenge


This is my postcard I have just sent off for the EAC Virtual Threads postcard challenge and exchange.

Here is the picture  provided for inspiration in making the postcard  a lovely photo of trees in Alaska taken by Sue Thomas.

I started with linen and painted it with watercolour pencils and paints.  I don't paint so I was pretty pleased with myself that it worked as well as it did.


I added a blackwork tree as my focal point of the card, using a free pattern from Mary Corbett's Needle n' Threads blog.

Lesson learned from this:  it is very difficult to count threads once you have filled up all the holes with paint!  All in all, I am happy with the way it all turned out and will take part in further postcard challenges if I get the chance.

4 comments:

lewmew said...

Very very pretty

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very lovely. The watercolor is so subtle and soft. I don't know anything about painting, but I sure like this project.

Suztats said...

I thought that tree looked familiar. Great way to use it! The postcard turned out beautifully!

libbyquilter said...

wonderful card and your use of watercolors as a painted background was a great way to get a soft forest look~!

:-)
libbyQ