I had so much fun last night stitching this little dragonfly for a block I am working on. I got to use my favourite things - sparkly threads, furry threads and shiny beads! lol I received a lot of Rainbow Gallery specialty threads recently and this was the first time I got them out to see what I could do with them.
The tail of the dragonfly is made of four bugle beads - I would have used five but four of that colour was all my bead soup would yield. The eyes were two larger beads. His body was just done in satin stitch with Artic Rays Wispy Fringe and the wings were Frosty Rays simply couched down. The finishing touches were his legs in simple straight stitches of one strand of good old DMC. I really love this little guy and the threads were fun to experiment with. I can't wait to see what else I can do with the others!