Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What is It?

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to haunt the thrift stores and second hand stores looking for treasures to use in my crazy quilting. Sometimes I think it is half the fun!

Last week I bought a framed bit of lace. After liberating it from the frame this is what I have. The question, though, is what is it? Does anyone know what technique this is?

From the top of the handle to the bottom of the basket is about 3-1/4 inches (9 cm) and at its widest part it is about 2-1/2 inches (7 cm). The thread is consistent with the thickness of regular sewing thread.

Thanks for any help you can give me!


Beadin' Gram said...

How in the world did you get this out of the frame without hurting it -- I know -- VERY carefully!!

It is gorgeous.

Melissa said...

I'm no expert and I'm not 100% sure but I think that's bobbin lace or at least some sort of woven type of lace. Maybe check out TatMan's site:

Melissa said...

Oh just thought maybe hair pin lace?