Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What is It?

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to haunt the thrift stores and second hand stores looking for treasures to use in my crazy quilting. Sometimes I think it is half the fun!

Last week I bought a framed bit of lace. After liberating it from the frame this is what I have. The question, though, is what is it? Does anyone know what technique this is?

From the top of the handle to the bottom of the basket is about 3-1/4 inches (9 cm) and at its widest part it is about 2-1/2 inches (7 cm). The thread is consistent with the thickness of regular sewing thread.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

3 comments:

Beadin' Gram said...

How in the world did you get this out of the frame without hurting it -- I know -- VERY carefully!!

It is gorgeous.
Jackie

Melissa said...

I'm no expert and I'm not 100% sure but I think that's bobbin lace or at least some sort of woven type of lace. Maybe check out TatMan's site:
http://www.tat-man.net/

Melissa said...

Oh just thought maybe hair pin lace?