Saturday, January 23, 2016

This Year's Resolutions

Well, my resolutions are very different this year!  Here goes...

1. To buy no more stitch supplies unless I need them to finish an ongoing UFO.  This may be unrealistic, so I will make a backup - no more than one purchase a month.
2. To work exclusively on UFOs - again slightly unrealistic but I will finish two UFOs at least for every new item I start.
3. MAJOR DE-STASH!  This one is already started and there are currently about ten boxes sitting by the front door waiting to go to the Salvation Army Thrift Store when I find someone who will take them for me.  I have done in my shoulder so can't carry them myself right now.

You know this is serious stuff because there are no photos in this post.  I don't believe in posts without photos so if a post is words only they are hopefully words to live by.
As I finish the UFOs I will post lots of photos and also ones of works in progress - as soon as I figure out how to stitch with only one arm while hopped up on painkillers.  Always something isn't it?!
Hugs,
Kerry

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's my hip right now. Pulled a muscle or its in spasm...don't know but wish it would stop.

Yup..I am clearing stuff out too. I have found that when you go through stuff, you will clear out a lot more if you go through it all again in a month or so.
I think I will never vow not to buy more supplies, though I am VERY selective of what I DO buy and am giving myself time to think about a purchase to be sure it is not an impulse. Some things you just know you HAVE to have...like 2 yards of Alexander Henry's new fabric Deadwood Saloon. Western Skellies in Brick Red and Denim Blue. I definitely NEEDED it, lol.
xx, Carol

Arlene White said...

Sending you big wishes of Good Luck for you to achieve these goals.

I haven't set any, to hard to keep.

Arlene

D1-D2 said...

I started doing the same for new stash. I'm only allowed one new stash a month (that includes embroidery books). It seems to work pretty well. It only gets hard when I spend it really early in the month >_<
For working only on UFOs, I try to reward myself when I finish an area I particularly disliked (*cough* eyelets) by working on something new. But it's usually a small project.
Good luck with your new year's resolutions :)