I found this cloth at the local thrift store and was charmed by the hardanger motifs on it. I think it was a cloth napkin but not entirely sure. It had stains on it but nothing near the motifs so it was fair game for upcycling in my eyes.
One corner had the larger hardanger motif - very nicely stitched.
Kitty corner to that motif was this smaller one which was a nice compliment to the other.
The edges of the cloth were nicely finished and fringed so I decided how large I wanted it and added nun stitch to the unfinished sides to create a stable fringed edge all the way around. A bit of felt and silk ribbon from the stash and I had a nice needlebook.
I used the smaller motif and more nun stitching to create a scissor fob using stash threads to create the twisted cord and the tassel. It made a nice little gift for a stitching friend!